Steps to Owning a U.S. Lawns Franchise
Starting your own business as a franchisee is a very rewarding opportunity. Not only do you get to work for yourself, but you gain more freedom than you otherwise would if you worked in a corporate setting. So, if you’re wondering how to start a landscaping business with us, here is a general overview of the process.
- Initial Research – Spend some time on our franchise website to review general information about our brand. Be sure to check out some of our franchisee testimonials and our blog for stories about others who made the decision to transform their lives by joining U.S. Lawns. Get the process started by submitting the Request for More Information form.
- Welcome Brochure – After submitting the request form, you will receive access to our Welcome Brochure. This brochure will provide a high-level overview of franchising, the landscaping (green) industry, and the U.S. Lawns business model.
- Introductory Call – You should expect to receive a call from our Recruiting Specialist, Angela Dettore, shortly after you submit your request for more information. Angela will ask a few questions to help you determine if U.S. Lawns might be the right fit for you and schedule a time for your Candidate Overview.
- Candidate Overview – In this phone meeting, our Director of Franchise Recruiting, Todd Chapman, will spend some time getting to know you, your personal goals and objectives, and how those match with the U.S. Lawns opportunity.
- Plan for Success – The second section of our online brochure will provide an overview of the systems, tools, and resources that U.S. Lawns will provide to help ensure your success. Todd will provide any additional depth needed over the phone. We want to make sure you understand the importance of the resources we provide and how It gives us a competitive advantage in the landscaping industry.
- The U.S. Lawns Offering – Once there is a mutual agreement that you are a good fit for a U.S. Lawns franchise, you will receive the Franchise Disclosure Document. This legal document will provide all of the details you will need to understand your relationship with U.S. Lawns. It explains everything there is to know about the brand and its history, and what your role is as a franchisee. There is also information about the investment and how much money you could make with a franchise.
- Validation – You will hear directly from some of our franchisees about what it is like to be a part of the U.S. Lawns network. The Power of the Network is something we are very proud of as a brand. We host annual conferences, supply an intranet for franchisees to communicate, and speak to our franchisees regularly to make sure they feel connected to something bigger than just themselves.
- Open House – Make a visit to the U.S. Lawns Headquarters in Orlando, Florida to meet the leadership team and spend a day with us to learn more about our company culture and review any final questions.
- Signing Celebration – You’ve completed your due diligence and have made the decision to join the U.S. Lawns team! Let’s celebrate and discuss the next steps in getting your business off on the right foot.
How to Start a Landscaping Business
Do you have additional questions about how to get started with a landscaping business? Don’t worry if you do! We have representatives waiting to answer any questions you might have, from the process of franchising to how much money you can potentially make. Being transparent with potential franchisees is very important to us, so we want to make sure you have all the information you need to make the right decision. We’ll never leave you in the dark!